You've made healthy choices all day -- avoiding carbohydrates, limiting sugar and loading up on leafy greens. However, as the afternoon fades away and your cravings kick in, a glazed chocolate doughnut begins to call your name and tempt you away from your diet... Suddenly, the desire to indulge in chocolatey goodness is all-encompassing and nearly impossible to refuse.
Does this sound familiar to you? If your healthy lifestyle is often obliterated by your love of sweet treats, there is hope with a nutrient-packed (and unbelievably delicious!) option: Dark Chocolate Popcorn Truffles.
Yes, you read that correctly: You can have chocolate while staying fit! In fact, dark chocolate is rich with antioxidants for heart health. Additionally, the recipe below is chock-full of protein and fiber. By using our Classic Salted Popcorn in your popcorn truffles, you'll receive protein equivalent to eating an egg -- but much tastier! Follow along and delight your taste buds with a sweet and healthy treat.
Dark Chocolate Popcorn Truffles
1 bag of Ips Perfect Pop Classic Salted Popcorn
1/2 cup of honey
2 tsp of chia seeds
1 cup of dark chocolate chips
1 tsp of coconut oil
1/4 cup of crushed peanuts (optional)Directions:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Ips Perfect Pop Classic Salted Popcorn with the honey.
- Slowly pour chia seeds over popcorn as you stir in honey. If adding crushed peanuts, add these now as well. (TIP: Use a wooden spatula for easy stirring.)
- Once popcorn has been coated with honey, wet your hands and begin forming small popcorn balls approximately the size of a golf ball.
- Line wax paper on a baking sheet and begin placing popcorn balls on the sheet. Leave in the refrigerator for 1 hour to set.
- Place dark chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Place the coconut oil in the bowl and microwave for 15 seconds at a time, stirring at each interval to avoid burning.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted, take the popcorn balls out of the refrigerator and coat with chocolate. (TIP: Use a toothpick to pick up each popcorn ball for maximum chocolate coverage -- without the mess.)
- If desired, before chocolate is dry, add crushed peanuts or chia seeds on top.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
Then, feel free to enjoy! Dark Chocolate Popcorn Truffles make amazing mid-day snacks to satisfy your hunger -- and your sweet tooth -- while still keeping you on track with healthy choices. Additionally, bring these to the next work or family potluck. Enjoy the looks on everyone's faces as you reveal that the sweet and salty treat of chocolate indulgence is truly healthy and filled with protein and fiber. Go ahead, have a couple!